Sunday, March 25, 2012

Best program for SQL database manipulation

Hello All

I am a relative beginner to SQL databases & new to this forum, so please bear with me if my query is too basic and advise if this question belongs somewhere else

I began working at a company that uses a program that stores data in an SQL database running off a Firebird engine

The program itself doesnt come with database management/administration module, so I'll need to use an external program for manipulating data in the tables that the database contains.

I have relatively little knowledge in SQL programming, which is why I would like to know which is the most powerful program for SQL database updating / manipulation?

This database has tables that has an infinite number of joins with other tables - Even MS Access wasnt able to open a few tables in this database because of the number of joins. I have tried Access & Lotus Approach, Approach manages to do a better job than Access, it open the tables & seems like it will let me import external data directly into the SQL table, but takes forever & usually just bums out giving an error after a very long wait..

My question is - Apart from Access & Approach, are there any more powerful, yet user friendly programs out there that can help me update data directly into SQL tables? What options do I have - the tasks I need to perform are pretty simple updating & cleaning of data already in there

Please, I will hugely appreciate any pointers that you guys the experts might have for me in this regard

Thanks
AlexTry Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express. It's Free & Downloadable From http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/sql

No comments:

Post a Comment