Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Best Strategy to backup the system db

Hi,
I am trying to approach method to copy my system database using enterprise
tool. I have researched on Database Mainteance tool and Backup database. I
would like to use one of the method to copy my database without any
transcational log since we don't have any transcational going on and not
growing my database too much.
how would i accomplish this?
any comments would be appreciate
Pooja,
You might want to clarify whether or not this is a system database i.e.,
Master, MSDB, etc... or a user-defined database. When you say "my" database
I'm going to assume it is a user-defined database. If you do not require
the transaction logs to be backed up as part of your database recovery
strategy, you can set the recovery mode for the database to SIMPLE (the
t-log will be automatically truncated). Then schedule your full database
backup as a job or use a Maintenance Plan.
HTH
Jerry
"Pooja" <Pooja@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8F05EF72-186D-4B93-BA20-E81364824F29@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I am trying to approach method to copy my system database using enterprise
> tool. I have researched on Database Mainteance tool and Backup database. I
> would like to use one of the method to copy my database without any
> transcational log since we don't have any transcational going on and not
> growing my database too much.
> how would i accomplish this?
> any comments would be appreciate

No comments:

Post a Comment