Friday, February 24, 2012

Besides Replication, what other alternatives to sync data?

I have 3 SQL databases: A, B and C. A and B are branch databases while C is the central (HQ) database. A & B will be constantly updated while C will updated occasionally and usually will be used for reporting/data browsing. Even though A & B are from different branch, they do have share some data records.

Every day, I will have to sync A & B's new/updated data to C and C to A/B. I know I can use Replication but I can't. You see, A & B are located in our own branch server while C was hosted on a third-party server. The webserver provider for C would not allow me to do any Replication on C.

What other alternatives that I can use to synchronise all 3?

DTS? XML transfer? It looks as if I have no choice but to write my own sync scripts? :((

Anyone has encountered similar situations? Any recommended SQL Tool programs?

Please help. I'm at a loss of what Im going to do.You can use Log Shipping but it is available in the Enterprise edition and the Developer edition which is Enterprise edition for five users only. Run a search for configuration info in the BOL(Books online). Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie

No comments:

Post a Comment