Friday, February 24, 2012

Best approach

I have what I feel like is a simple package I am working to create. I am teaching myself SSIS as I go along.

Source server SQL 2000 database allows NULL values in columns.

Destination Server also SQL 2000 but the database required a value in each column.

So I do a basic source select what I want. I next need to read the values and determine if null then insert a space, do some column matching and insert them into the destination sever.

I believe I should use a Derived Column and an expression ISNULL to accomplish what I want.

Maybe there is a better way. Suggestion and comment appreciated.

Ryan

Try using the T-SQL ISNULL() function in your initial query, replacing any null values with an empty string or whatever...

ISNULL(myField,'')

No comments:

Post a Comment