Saturday, February 25, 2012

Best filtering solution for performance?

Hello,

i have a report with approximately 20 reportparameters from queries. This is really slowing down the system, although the dataload (rows sent back) is not that huge. I read on the internet that there are basicly three approaches.

1, Query parameter with alot of diffrent datasources

2, Table filtering

3, Stored procedures

I wonder which approach is the best and why it takes such a long time to get the report with the report parameters (before generating the report itself).

Thank you for your help! Smile

I would think stored procedures would be the best approach. Have you tried using SQL profile to trace where the slowdown is?

cheers,

Andrew

|||

Hello,

thank you for you fast reponse! I now changed to Stored Procedures, i thin in long term it is better to use SP. But now i Have problems with multivalued parameters, which will be sent as an array to SQL Server. I found some articles about this matter an will try to solve it. The performance problem seems to be solved although I don't know why. Will look into that later. Thanks fpr the profiler tip! Best regards! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment